Petrapole Land Port at a Glance
- The largest land Port in South Asia, Land port Petrapole is located along the international border between India and Bangladesh, at a distance of about 80 kms from the city of Kolkata.
- Petrapole (India)-Benapole (Bangladesh) is an important land border crossing for India-Bangladesh both in terms of trade and passenger movement.
- Nearly 30 percent of land-based trade between India and Bangladesh takes place through Land Port Petrapole
- Since its operationalization in February 2016, the Land Port has been witnessing an increasing number of passenger movement with an average of 22 lakh people crossing the border post on either sides each year.
|Year||Total Trade (Crores)||Total Cargo Movement (Nos)||Total Passenger Movement (Nos)|
|2023-24 (Till Aug)||11,970.55||5,87,30||9,900.99|
- Land Ports Authority of India
- Bureau of Immigration
- Border Security Force
- Plant Quarantine, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Animal Quarantine And Certification Services, Ministry Of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry And Dairying
- Port Health Department, Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare
Mechanized Cargo Handling Equipment:
- Mobile crane
- Hydra crane
- Cotton Fabric
- Raw Cotton
- Steel/Iron Chemical / Dyes
- Synthetic Fabric
- Readymade Garment
- Cotton Rags
- Jute Yarn
- Hydrogen Peroxide