ICP Changrabandha at a Glance
- ICP Changrabandha is located in the Cooch Behar district of West Bengal along the international border between India and Bangladesh.
- The major commodities exported via Changrabandha LCS are stone boulder, coal & c/ply, jute seeds, wheat, tobacco steam, plywood veneer and resin. The major commodities imported are cotton waste, bricks, net fabrics, RMG, food products, melamine, cap and plastic furniture.
- Changrabandha is also an important port for facilitating transit of Bhutanese merchandise trade with third countries.
- ICP Changrabandha is well connected by National Highway (NH)-16 and National Highway (NH)- 12A. The Nearest railway station is Changrabandha Railway Station at a distance of 0.5 kms.
- The status as of September 2021 is that LPAI has prepared the Detailed Project Report and has identified 87.5 acres of land for development of the ICP. The State Government of West Bengal has been requested for initiating the process of Land Acquisition.
Master Plan – ICP Changrabandha