Fulbari Land Port at a Glance
- Land Port Fulbari is located in the Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal along the international border between India and Bangladesh.
- The major commodities exported via LCS Fulbari are stone builder, machineries, non-basmati rice, wheat, maize, fruits and machineries. The major commodities imported are bricks, cotton waste, float gas, furniture, battery, lollipop, litchi drinks, mango drinks and candy.
- Fulbari is also an import port for facilitating transit of Bhutanese merchandise trade with third countries.
- Land Port Fulbari is located near National Highway (NH)-27 which is 1.8 kms away. Fulbari is connected to Nepal through Land Port Panitanki via Asian Highway 2. Fulbari is also located near the new Jalpaiguri railway junction.
- The status as of September 2021 is that LPAI has prepared the Detailed Project Report and has identified 55.2 acres of land for development of Land Port . The State Government of West Bengal has been requested for initiating the process of Land Acquisition.
Location Identified for Fulbari Land Port
Master Plan – Fulbari Land Port