Dawki Land Port at a Glance
- Land Port Dawki is located in the West Jantia Hills in the state of Meghalaya. Once developed, it will be the first Land Port in the state along the international border between India and Bangladesh, located at a distance of about 84 kms from the capital city of Shillong.
- Dawki is connected by an all-weather road to Shillong and will be at a vantage point for the tourists of Bangladesh who regularly come to India for visiting Shillong, popularly known as ‘The Scotland of the East’ and its neighbouring places of tourist interest.
- Spread over a total area of 23 acres, Land Port Dawki is very well connected with National Highway-206 and Asian Highway-I.
|Year||Total Trade (Crores)||Total Cargo Movement (Nos)||Total Passenger Movement (Nos)|
|2023-24 (Till Aug.)||52.24||56,713||37,084|
- Land Ports Authority of India
- Bureau of Immigration
- Border Security Force
- Plant Quarantine, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
- Human Quarantine, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Mechanized Cargo Handling Equipment:
- Pay loader
- Hydra crane
- Chicken Feed
- Red Chilies
- Plastic Dana
- Plastic Yarn
- Dry Fruits
- Dry Dates
- Rock salt