Panitanki Land Port at a Glance
- Land Port Panitanki is located in the Darjeeling district of West Bengal along the international border between India and Nepal.
- The major commodities exported via Panitanki LCS are coal, petroleum products, raw jute, cycle and cycle parts, cement, clinker/slag and vegetables. The major commodities imported are tea, ginger, noodles, plywood and synthetic yarn.
- Panitanki is also an important port for facilitating transit of Bhutanese merchandise trade with third countries.
- Land Port Panitanki lies in close proximity of NH-327 and is well connected with Asian Highway (AH)-2. In terms of rail connectivity, it is located 4 kms from Batasi Railway Station. There is also a proposed Trans-Asian Railway connectivity at Panitanki.
- The status as of September 2021 is that LPAI has prepared Detailed Project Report and has identified 38.80 acres of land for development of the Land Port . The State Government of West Bengal has been requested for initiating the process of Land Acquisition.
Location Identified for Panitanki Land Port
Master Plan – Panitanki Land Port