Jaigaon Land Port at a Glance
- Land Port Jaigaon is located in the Alipurduar district of West Bengal. Once developed, it will be the first Land Port along the international border between India and Bhutan.
- The major commodities exported via LCS Jaigaon are heavy machinery, project machinery items, medical equipment’s, sponge iron, cement, motor vehicles. The major commodities imported are ferro silico, calcium carbide, M.S. ingot, TMT bar, marble slab and copper.
- Jaigaon is also an important port for facilitating transit of Bhutanese merchandise trade with third countries.
- Land Port Jaigaon is well-connected by road as it lies in proximity of State Highway (SH)-12A which is 0.13 kms away and approx. 4 kms away from Asian Highway (AH)-48. The nearest railway station is Hasimara Railway Station which is 17.9 kms away from the Land Port location.
- The status as of September 2021 is that LPAI has prepared the Detailed Project Report and has identified 122 acres of land for development of the Land Port . The State Government of West Bengal has been requested for initiating the process of Land Acquisition.
Location Identified for Jaigaon Land Port
Master Plan – Jaigaon Land Port