ICP Srimantapur at a Glance
- ICP Srimantapur is located along the international border between India and Bangladesh, located at a distance of about 4 kms from Sonamura Sub- Division town and 63 kms from the city of Agartala in Tripura.
- The ICP is located at just a distance of 8-10 kms from the Comilla district of the neighbouring country and thus makes it an extremely viable and cost-efficient route to trade between India and Bangladesh.
- The ICP Srimantapur terminal also has one floating jetty on the Gomati river which flows through Tripura and the district of Comilla in Bangladesh. With the opening of the floating jetty, Tripura has also joined the map of Inland Water Transport and this is expected to further boost India’s trade with Bangladesh.
- The ICP is spread over 3.51 acres of land.
|Year||Total Trade (Crores)||Cargo Movement (No’s)||Passenger Movement (No’s)|
- Wood Apple
- Betel Leaf
- Steam Coal
- Fruit Drink
- Carbonated Beverage
- PVC Pipes & Tubes
- Kitchen Racks of Iron
- Agro Plastic Net
- Brick Crusher and Thrashing Machine (without engine)
- Cordage & Rope of Cotton
Infrastructure Facilities at ICP Srimantapur
Custom Processing Hall
Custom & Immigration clearance Hall
Security & Surveillance
Cargo Clearing Office
Export & Import Warehouse
Area for Loose Cargo
Passenger Terminal Building
Electric Sub Station
Port Health Unit
12 Tonn capacity Floating Jetty on River for cargo movement
Trade and Passenger Statistics
|Year||Total Trade||Total Passenger Movement|
|2020-21 (Till Dec’2020)||53.11||Nill|
Note: Total Trade Values in INR Crores; Passenger Movement Data in Nos.