ICP Ghojadanga at a Glance
- ICP Ghojadanga is located in the North 24 Paraganas district of West Bengal along the international border between India and Bangladesh.
- Among the land ports located in West Bengal, Ghojadanga is one of the most active and important ports for trading with Bangladesh.
- The major commodities exported via LCS Ghojadanga include cotton, onion, garlic, pepper, grapes, apples, other fruits, spices, dates and tomato. The major commodities imported include jute bags, cloth scrap, broom sticks, etc.
- The ICP is situated 20 kms away from National Highway (NH)-2. The location of the ICP is only 3 kms away from National Waterway (NW)-97 which is the Sunderbans waterway.
- The status as of September 2021 is that LPAI has prepared the Detailed Project Report and has identified 87.5 acres of land for development of the ICP. The State Government of West Bengal has been requested for initiating the process of Land Acquisition.
Location Identified for ICP Ghojadanga